1. The Igbo Information Network is disturbed by the continuous incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu, the Director of Radio Biafra.
2. His continuous incarceration is not in the best interest of Nigeria.
3. We also condemn the use of force and life bullet on the pro-Biafran agitators. The recent killings at Aba and Onitsha are highly condemnable. The soldiers that carried out the killings must be fished out and prosecuted.
4. We call however for a Referendum in Igboland to feel the gauge of the people. It is the most civilized way of addressing the issue in modern times. Nnamdi Kanu and the issues he has been canvassing for can only be addressed politically and not through legal means.
5. The federal government must not allow this issue to escalate.
Chuks Ibegbu, Chancellor