Wednesday 27th July, 2016.
‘’I have not seen nor heard of any place where a court grants bail and the person is not released. Under UN and Africa charter, it is enshrined that once bail is granted, you release the person upon meeting bail conditions. We are sliding into days of Decree 2 and 4 of 1984. This is pure Dictatorship’’. … Barr. Vincent Obetta.
It is no longer news that British Nigeria is afflicted in so many ways, it is collapsing hopelessly and any attempt to revive it seems to enhance the decay. Her evils have come to live with her. According to nature, she is beginning to reap the fruit of her past deeds.
Following Nigeria’s past years of corruption and injustice, one knows that her present condition is inevitable; but they were instantly hatched at the arrest of the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Nnamdi Kanu.
Read also:BUHARI: YOUR PRIDE WILL BE YOUR DOOM,...RELEASE NNAMDI KANU AND HAVE PEACE
The British national, kidnapped by the DSS on the 14th of October, 2015, at Golden Tulip Essential Hotel Ikeja, was later arraigned on the 19th of October 2015 at the Magistrate Court Wuse. He was charged for Criminal Conspiracy, Managing & Belonging to Unlawful Society and Criminal Intimidation contrary to section 97, 97b and 397 of the penal code (applicable in Northern Nigeria). On this same day, he was granted bail and all bail conditions were met, yet, the pedophile, president Mohammed Buhari gave a contrary order to further detain Nnamdi Kanu.
Again on December 16th, 2015, the Magistrate, Shuaibu Usman, struck out all criminal charges leveled against Mr Kanu and discharged him. This again was utterly disregarded by Buhari who has decided to keep Mr Kanu at his own will.
As a result, the judge of the federal high court refused hearing the fresh count charges against the accused on the 23rd day of December, 2015. The entire proceeding was a mock to Nigerian judiciary system as Mr Kanu expressed, ‘’I will not sacrifice the due process of the law founded in the principles of natural justice upon the altar of speedy release from detention. In other words, I will rather remain in detention than subjecting myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice’’.
Read also:NIGERIA'S UNITY IS VERY NEGOTIABLE: BIAFRA WRITERS TO TYRANT BUHARI
Ever since these public shows of anarchy, maladministration and deliberate misrule by the president of this British contraption, it has been a concatenation of plagues on Nigeria. These plagues were prophesied by Mr Kanu and have instantly evinced to his vindication. His detention has created enormous tension and has set the whole country in total disarray. Some of these plagues are:
• Economy: Nnamdi Kanu predicted foretold that the Naira will be rendered useless if Nigeria continues to enslave Biafrans. Today, 27th day of July 2016, the naira fell 376 against the dollar at parallel market hitting a record low.
Recall that on Friday, 24th of June, 2016, Buhari stated that ‘’No insurance company will want to insure installations that will end up being blown up and no banks will want to finance such installations’’. Hence, foreign investors are sacking their workers and speedily deserting the country.
As if the above indications have not convinced Nigerians that the economy of the country is already doomed, Kemi Adeosun, the Finance Minister, speaking at the Senate on Thursday 21st July 2016, said, “Technically, in economic terms, if you have two periods of negative growth, you are technically in a recession’’. This was the grand proof that the economy of the country is in shambles.
Read also: NNAMDI KANU: A CRY FOR JUSTICE BY A PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
• Judiciary System: Nnamdi Kanu’s detention has recently proved to the world that Nigeria is a lawless country piloted by a power-drunk illiterate, who knows nothing about the rule of law nor the understanding of basic human rights. This is one of the major reasons the country was termed ‘’zoo’’.
• Starvation: Currently children die in hundreds on a daily babies out of starvation. Kwashiorkor is currently ravishing children in Northern Nigeria and the government has remained clueless in tackling it.
According to Grema Terab, chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency (Sema) in Borno – “starvation crisis was as a result of total neglect and carelessness on the part of the government. The government was aware of the extent of the hunger, but failed to deliver a plan to tackle it and attempted to prevent media coverage of the issue for fear of embarrassment’’.
“The government chose to conceal the issue of IDPs [internally displaced people] because they were afraid of indictment. There has been a lot of long-term neglect and a refusal to act upon the plight of the IDPs and this is why starvation is occurring in most of the camps. The IDPs are kept under lock and key because they don’t want them to communicate with the outside world” he said.
Read also:THE DIE IS CAST THERE IS NO GOING BACK ON BIAFRA RESTORATION
Still speaking about the starvation in the Northern part of Nigeria, Toby Lanzer, UN assistant secretary general and OCHA’s regional humanitarian coordinator for the Sahel, said : “This is about as bad as it gets. There’s only one step worse and I’ve not come across that situation in 20 years of doing this work and that’s a famine.”
• Insecurity: Owing to senseless killing by the Nigerian forces, Boko Haram menace and Fulani herdsmen attacks, Nigeria was ranked by Global Peace Index (DPI) as one of the most dangerous countries to live in the world. Countries like Iran, Turkey and Bahrain are currently ranked to be safer than Nigeria.
• Niger Delta Avengers: A group that has emerged in the old Eastern region of Nigeria, demanding for resource control, release of Nnamdi Kanu and other Biafrans incarcerated by the Nigerian forces, has drastically reduced Nigeria’s oil production and helped cripple the economy. They have maintained that if Nigeria does not meet to their demand, they will finally bring oil production to a zero level and take their freedom by force.
Read also:THE WORLD MUST ACKNOWLEDGE BIAFRA SOVEREIGNTY AND SUPPORT BIAFREXIT
Other factors or events that have recently unveiled the real image of the country include the alleged sex scandal by the Nigerian senators on their visit to the United States of America, the Halliburton bribery scandal, frequent exchange of blows in the senate, ‘’fantastically corrupt’’ tag by David Cameron and many more.
Yet in the face of these, if Nigeria continues to detain Nnamdi Kanu contrary to court orders, her citizens might seek asylum in Somalia and South Sudan in no distant time. Biafrans are determined to do all in their reach to be free from this wicked contraption. Nigeria should know by now that ‘’Biafra or Death’’ slogan is no longer a joke nor an hoax.
Nigeria should expect more plagues if Nnamdi Kanu remains detained.
Written By Chinedu Ewulu
Published By Nwosu C.S
For Biafra Writters.