Sunday 09 October, 2016
The story and tendencies of Muhammadu Buhari, the dictator cum president of the federal republic of Nigeria, is not new to Biafrans, Nigerians nor the world at large. He has repeatedly shown himself to be autocratic, cruel, inhuman, beastly, heinous, barbaric and tyrannical.
Having played a role in the unjust killings of Biafran women and children in 1967-1970; on 31st December 1983, Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Nigerian government led by Alhaji Aliyu Usman Shehu Shagari.
Remarkably on April 2011, Buhari incited violence in northern Nigeria against Biafrans when he threatened that ‘’the dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood’’ if he loses the election. This utterance claimed the lives of over one thousand Biafrans in the aftermath of the election.
Read also:Breaking: Nigerian Judiciary Under Attack As Buhari Orders DSS' Invasion Of Judges' Houses: Kidnaps Justice Ademola For Ordering The Release Of Nnamdi Kanu
According to Human Rights Watch, in her report on 16th May 2011, ‘’deadly election-related and communal violence in northern Nigeria following the April 2011 presidential voting, left more than 800 people dead. The victims were killed in three days of voting in 12 northern states.’’
Corine Dufka, the senior West Africa researcher at the Human Rights Watch said ‘’the April elections were herald as among the fairest in Nigeria’s history, but they also were among the bloodiest.’’
In this manner, Buhari bulldozed his way to the presidential seat in the 2015 election with proven electoral malpractices and without the least qualification for the office. When pressured by the opposing party, he cowardly fabricated a certificate with a wrongly spelt name, wrong exam number format as at 1961 and claimed to have obtained it from Kastina state, a state that was created in 1987.
Read also:JUST IN!!! We Are Back To The1984 Jackboot System And Era Of Anarchy With Buhari In Aso Rock: All Lawyers Must Boycott The Court--Says Lagos Based Lawyer
Since he assumed office on 29th May 2015, he has exhibited barefaced attempts to recommence acts of war crimes against Biafrans; he openly swore to uphold every Islamic agenda, Sharia law and northern agenda in the country while he tagged Biafrans as 5% of the Nigerian population that must be ‘’crushed’’ in any of their attempts to exercise their rights to self determination.
To validate this:
• Amnesty International, AI, had on December 2015 (in her annual report), 10th June 2016, 26th August 2016, 18th September 2016, 21st September 2016 and 28th September 2016, indicted the Nigeria Security Operatives of killings, torture and gross abuse of human rights against peaceful and unarmed Biafran agitators.
• Martime Dennis of Aljazeera TV, in an interview on March 2016, provided Buhari with a video clip of these atrocities which he refused to watch.
• Thomas Anthony Marino, an attorney and the Chairman Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law, had on 1st September 2016, addressed a two page letter to the United States Secretary Of State, John Kerry, validating the reports by AI against the Nigerian government, while he incriminated Buhari’s anticorruption war. He also in his letter, recommended to the US to withdraw all military aids to Nigeria.
Read also:Biafra: You Don't Know The Implications Of Disobeying Ecowas Court Order--Ahmed (SAN) Warns Buhari
• On 4th October 2016, at the European Parliament, Julie Ward (UK Labour Party Member) called on the European Parliament to intervene on Muhammadu Buhari’s gross abuse of human rights and called for the ‘’immediate and safe release’’ of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB.
• As a ‘’Civil Contemnor’’, Buhari has flouted the court order which issued Nnamdi Kanu’s bail on 19th October 2015 at the Magistrate Court, Abuja and another that issued Kanu’s unconditional release on 17th December 2015 by Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Drunk in power, Buhari publicly rejected orders from the Community Court of Justice, ECOWAS (Economic Community Of West African States) directing him to release Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) who has been unjustly incarcerated by the federal government of Nigeria while refusing to produce him (Dasuki) in court since his trail.
Read also:BIAFRA: NIGERIA LOSES GRIP ON NNAMDI KANU AS ECOWAS TAKES OVER CASE
More to this, Kanu’s defence team led by Barrister Ifeanyi Ejioffor, had on May 2016, petitioned the Nigerian government at the ECOWAS Court for bail denial and abuse of judicial process. The case which was supposed to be heard on 5th October 2016 was adjourned to 8th November 2016 due to Nigeria defence lawyer’s failure to show up at the court. The ECOWAS Court fined Nigerian government the sum of one million naira for failure to show up in court while the presiding judge, Justice Micah Wright, threatened to hear case and give final verdict with or without the presence of Nigeria’s defence lawyer on 8th November 2016.
In the latest development, Buhari has resorted to intimidation, harassment, arrest and torture of judges in Nigeria, all in his bid to illegally convict Nnamdi Kanu and to further frustrate the restoration of Biafra.
In the early hours of Saturday, 8th October 2016, Operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, at Buhari’s orders, invaded the house of Justice Adeniyi Ademola (the judge that ordered for the unconditional release of Nnamdi Kanu on 17th December 2015) as well as the houses of other 3 judges –Justices Nnamdi Dimgba (that ruled against the DSS), Walter Onnoghen and Sylvester Ngwuta, all in Abuja.
Read also:Biafra: Julie Ward (MEP) Calls For The Release Of Nnamdi Kanu At The European Parliament
According to reports, after searching the respective houses, Justice Ademola was taken away at about 5am (8th October 2016) and reasons for arrest is yet to be disclosed as at the time of this report.
Simultaneously, while this raid was going on at Abuja, men of the DSS and the Police were also on a mission to abduct a judge in his house at number 35/84B, Forces Avenue, Port Harcourt. This led to an assault that resulted in a minor injury on the governor of the state, Gov. Nyesom Wike, in his attempts to arrest and calm the situation.
Reacting to this, Gov. Wike lamented, ‘’Even in military government, it has never happened like this. The DSS, Police, they cocked their guns and said they will shoot me. And I told them I have never heard this kind of thing happen before.’’
From a ‘’Contemnor’’ to domestic courts in Nigeria, Buhari has progressed to a contemnor of a more sophisticated regional court; and is showing no signs of relenting from these heinous crimes.
With these in mind, it is evident that Buhari is ICC-prison-bound. The world is watching, the time is ticking and Biafrans are keeping count. Every attempt made by Buhari to convict Nnamdi Kanu and frustrate the restoration of Biafra draws him closer to ICC’s net and at this pace, Hague might welcome him much quicker than anyone envisaged.
Written By Chinedu Ewulu
Published By Nwosu C.S
For Biafra Writers.