We peacefully evangelising when the fresh attack by police starts releasing bullets on us. We do nothing to them, we never destroy anything , we also control the traffic . What they only did is just open fire on us. This is an evil formed by the president because they don't have any for killing of Biafrans now, We are ready to revenge back most especially the president and his extended must suffer this and also the inspector general of police must prosecuted for this. This call for WAR! WAR! WAR!!! The zoo called Nigeria must fall now. They have done their worst.
No fewer than three persons were reportedly killed following a clash between Navy personnel and members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) in Onitsha, Anambra State.
It was gathered that some members of Biafra were allegedly killed on Sunday afternoon during a clash with the men of the Nigerian Navy at Onitsha.
Though there were conflicting reports as regard the casualty figure following the clash with IPOB members, who were said to be evangelizing to the people about the actualisation of Biafra.
Some sources said as many as 10 persons were shot dead while other sources said between three and five persons were allegedly killed when the Naval officers from the Odekpe Naval Post but drafted to Uga junction for on the spot check allegedly had misunderstanding that led to the bloody clash near Premier Breweries Onitsha along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway.
An eyewitness, who is also a member of IPOB, who pleaded anonymity said several other of their members sustained injures following the clash, saying that the dead bodies of their colleagues and the injured were taken to the Borromeo Hospital in Nkpor, near Onitsha.
The source said IPOB members started the match from Mgbuka Obosi through Owerri Road to Nkpor, then back to Upper Iweka and was heading to Bridge head when a detachment of Navy personnel at Uga, Junction allegedly attacked them, killing and injuring several members of the group.
He said the IPOB members numbering about 3,000 remained calm in the face of obvious provocation, insisting that nothing warranted the unprovoked attack on the innocent people.
However, a top official of the group Daniel Nzekwe said that so far about five of their members were killed in the attack, but stated that he was still visiting the hospitals where injured ones were taken to ascertain the actual figure of the dead members.
Meanwhile, All efforts to get the Commander of the Naval Post as his number was not connecting while our reporter who visited their office was told that he commander was not around to comment on the incident.
However, tension was building up in Onitaha, following the incident especially eyewitnesses confirmed that the attack was unprokoked and unwarranted. ENDS
From Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha